10 Mar How to be a super IFA – Series 1
As a financial advisor, it is essential to learn the art of communication.
And who else to emulate than the great communicator, Warren Buffett.
Some of his timeless lessons are:-
- Talk with simplicity. Keep it plain. Keep it simple. Don’t complicate. Don’t make it complex. Keep jargon at bay.
- Be interesting and if possible be entertaining. These attributes engender emotions that enhance engagement and attention and make people happy. If you can make them smile, you will win them by a mile.
- Try to project descriptive imagery that is understood by people. Remember that people can understand images better than listless and dry words that are incapable of throwing up a picture. Some words have image projection capabilities.Select the right words.
- Be humble and unpretentious. Pride is the nemesis of every profession and every business.
- Never ever speak over people’s heads. People hate looking and feeling stupid. Their typical refrain would be, “what he says just goes over my head. I cannot trust him with my money because I cannot understand what he would do with it.”