The results of the IAP research are interesting and insightful.
Of the 310 respondents , 164 or 53% are doing IAPs.
177 or 69% of respondents have either benefitted or perceive that such activities will help in expanding their business.
To conclude one an say that 100% of those who have done IAPs have experienced business growth.
This means IAPs have become a significant strategy for business expansion.
Conducting Investor Awareness programmes have the following benefits:
1. It enhances the knowledge of the IFA
2. It enhances the communication skills of the IFA
3. It enhances the presentation skills of the IFA
4. It enhances the personal brand value of the IFA
5. It creates opportunities to build new relationships
6. It helps in acquiring new customers
(however please note that IAP isn’t a platform to close business. Treat it as a platform to acquire database and build relationship. Engage with the new audience by way of providing further education and have the patience for the customer to approach you)
Some of the comments that were recorded during the survey are attached below. You may like to read and understand what other IFAs have to say about doing Investor Awareness Programmes
Some of the reasons IFAs don’t do Investor Awareness Programmes are:-
1. Stage fear and lack of confidence – This has to be addressed by undergoing coaching and showing initiative and determination
2. Lack of conviction and laziness – The results of this survey should change that
If you are serious about the profession and wish to be in this profession for the next decade or two, then conducting Investor Awareness Programmes has to become an integrated part of your business development strategy.
Conducting Investor Awareness Programme is a “must” and “necessary” condition for business success.