29 Jun Results of Misplaced Attachments in the Ramayana and the Mahabharata…
Quite thought provoking indeed…
- Dhritarashtra was attached to his eldest son. Result : The destruction of all his sons.
- Kaikeyi was attached to her son. Result: Despised by her son and separated from him.
- Dushasana was attached to his brother Duryodhan. Result: His painful end due to his brother.
- Kumbhakarna was attached to Ravana. Result: His own destruction due to Ravana’s evil deed.
- Duryodhana was attached to his crown. Result: Was not alive to enjoy the kingdom that he fought for.
- Baali was attached to his strength. Result: His strength could not protect him from reaching his end.
The list goes on. But what is the learning?
- Whatever we are attached to is a clear indication of where we our life is heading and how it is going to end.
- We create the blue print of not only our own destruction but also of whatever we are attached to .
So what is the solution?
- Be attached!!
- But just change the object of attachment.
- Be like HANUMAN – who was only attached to the Lord.
- Be like VIDURA – who was only attached to Dharma.
So, remember –
- This will automatically make us objective and detached from everything else and we will be positive contributors to society as well.
- In personal finance, till such time we are attached to money, our greed and fear between themselves will wreck huge destruction upon our money by making us insatiable speculators.
- Hence stop chasing money, chase meaningful goals like children’s education, their marriage, their career, your retirement, your dream business, your desire to give back to the society.
- Any of these is better than chasing money for the sake of money.
Dharmendra Satapathy at NextLevel-Education